Thursday, May 15, 2014

~ diy herb planters ~


My hubby is on a building spree and I love it...
(I just wish I could get some pics for a tutorial or two.....)

This is one of my favorites by far!
a huge diy herb planter....
Its 8 feet in length, 12 inches wide, 12 inches deep, and 
each  section is about  9 1/2 inches wide.
We (he) made it out of rough oak boards from a tree that
came out of our yard last year.

It has 10 sections and this is what we planted...
1. Basil
2. Lemon Basil
3. Greek Oregano
4. Rosemary
5. Sage
6. Chives
7. Parsley
8. Cilantro
9. Mint
10. Thyme

We mounted it directly to the garden fence so there is no bending over
when picking the herbs....That is definitely a big plus...

What's your favorite herb? Is there any I should add to my collection?










sharing at:



8 comments:

  1. So functional and looks fantastic too! Great to see you at the Outdoor Extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this planter! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome!!! would love to have you share over here at this weeks garden party!?! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'd love to have this herb planter in my yard... so beautiful and there's nothing better than fresh herbs! I'm featuring it tomorrow in my Friday Features. Thanks for linking up to Inspire Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this! Featuring later today, thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome. I'm a wee bit gardening obsessed, so I may be a little bias, but this is great.
    It gets too big for your planter, but I love, love, love Pineapple Sage. It blooms really late in Oregon, but the hummingbirds LOVE it. And Tarragon is a fun one to have, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your herb planter! I love my herb garden as well, my favorite recent additions are purple basil as well as cilantro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE your herb planter!!! Excited to feature you tomorrow. XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...